I spent more than 10 years at The Dallas Morning News as a senior editor and writer. For seven years, I was in charge of production and copy editing of the paperâ€™s Arts Sunday and arts & entertainment-related sections, including film, music, architecture, theater and books. I produced several other features sections and worked on the political and metro desks. I was also the paperâ€™s chief jazz correspondent, wrote restaurant reviews and covered health and fitness.
- A few of my editorial duties:
- Slot for a team of four copy editors
- Design and layout for weekly 10- to 14-page arts section, five daily pages and Metro overnight entertainment page
- Deadline management for staff writers, freelancers, departmental editors copy editors and production staff
- Headline and caption writing and editing
- Graphic and photo editing
- Coordination with photo, design and many other editorial departments